Researchers are required to fill out and sign the Library Archives Use Agreement form before using Archive materials.
Lakehead University Library Archives
1. Users must fill out a Use Agreement prior to accessing the collection.
2. All archival material will be consulted only in the Northern Studies Resource Centre.
3. All food and beverages are prohibited while working in the Northern Studies Resource Centre.
4. Patrons will be allowed a maximum of three boxes or five items at a time.
5. Only pencils will be used while working with archival materials, and no marks will be added to or removed from the collections.
6. Materials are to be handled with care. Users should not lean on archival boxes, place materials on top of the collections, trace materials, or any other activity that may damage the material.
7. Patrons are expected to maintain the order of files within each box and items within each folder. Papers should be neatly returned to each folder to avoid damaging the collection.
8.Users may be required to wear gloves, supplied by the archives, for valuable or fragile material like photographs.
9. Patrons may use laptops while working with the collection. However, scanners, cameras, tape recorders, or other reprographic devices may only be used with the authorization of the archivist.
10. Patrons may photocopy materials for personal or research use only with the permission of staff with the photocopier in the Northern Studies Resource Centre.
11. Users are required to obtain permission to publish copyrighted materials prior to copying the items, and the Archives must be credited as outlined in the Photocopying and Reproduction Policy.
I have read the above rules and agree to follow them. I understand that a failure to do so may result in a denial of research privileges.